Recipe by Cynna
Nutty, chocolaty.. what a decadent way to start the day. The black walnut extract in this cake adds that something special.
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon black walnut extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- On low speed add flour mixture to batter, beating until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 (about 2 cups) of the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the topping (scant 1 cup).
- Repeat layering 2 more times.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan.