Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
A guilty pleasure for us chocolate-orange lovers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped (or 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square, melted
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; cream until light and fluffy (I use an electric mixer).
- Add in eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Add in sour cream, orange zest, and orange juice; combine well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chopped chocolate.
- Add to creamed mixture; stir gently just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Set aside to cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.