Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Kraft Foods and sounds as though it would be great for the holidays. The recipe calls for raspberry jam but I think that strawberry would be equally good and festive.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 5 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with aluminum foil; spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the oats, coconut and pecans, mix well.
- Press half of the crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Spoon jam over top; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Lift from the pan using foil; cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
i also got this recipe from Kraft, I think the combo of raspberry jam and chocolate are magic, so i will stick with raspberry, but maybe apricot..these bars are nice and chewy and the textures are very good. the next time, i will use semi sweet morsels or maybe the new bittersweet morsels instead of the chopped semi sweet squares.
I also got this from Kraft Foods. It's really sweet and delicious... almost like a granola bar. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the baking squares. Mine came out a little crumbly... so we just used a spoon to eat them!
Great tasting bars! Loved the mix of oats, coconut, chocolate and strawberry jam!! Fast to prepare and ... fast to eat!!! Thanks Paula!! :)