Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars
- soften butter by letting it sit on counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a large bowl, set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar at medium speen on an electric mixer or by hand until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add half of flour mixture and stir or mix at low speed with a mixer.
- Add rest of flour mixture and mix well.
- Break off pieces of the chocolate bars and mix into the cookie dough.
- When all ingredients are mixed together, drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Great recipe except for ONE thing: *there's NO way this makes 48 cookies!* Boo hoo!!! For drop cookies like this, we use a #40 medium-size Pampered Chef cookie scoop, which holds 1 1/2 TABLEspoons. We got about 15 cookies. We only used 3 Hershey candy bars since there wasn't really enough dough to go much further. Other than that, the recipe came together easily, and smelled wonderful while baking. *Made for PAC Fall 2007*