Recipe by Ducky
This is posted in reponse to a request. I have not made this recipe. It is from the "Gifts for the Cookie Jar" cookbook and is described as a cookie for chocoholics. Times are guesstimates for jar mix preparation.
Top Review by mgregg
Made this recipe before I gave it as a Christmas mix gift, glad I did. Need to add 1 more large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla with the 3/4 cup butter or margarine to instructions. Instead of baking soda, I used baking powder by mistake which made no difference. I also place the chocolate & white chips into a baggie placed in the top of the jar. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Cool cookies 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool. This was the best new cookie I made this Christmas and my family loved it after I made the changes. I also used butter one time and margarine the other time, no difference. This cookie was as good as any of the cookie dough ones I buy from the school money fund raisers. This cookie is soft & chewy.
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Instructions.
- In 1 quart jar, pack brown sugar in bottom and level.
- Add sugar and level.
- In small bowl, combine well flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Spoon flour combination over sugar and level carefully.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips over flour combination.
- Add white chocolate chips and level.
- Place lid on jar.
- Preparation Instructions to go on Jar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour jar contents into large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and butter.
- Mix on low speed (or by hand) until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13- 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to cooling rack.