Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
from Top Chef, just desserts season 1 episode 3
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- cream the butter, sugars, and eggs together.
- add vanilla, salt, and baking soda. mix, scraping sides.
- add baking powder and flour. mix till incorporated.
- add walnuts and chips until just mixed.
- scoop and bake at 345.
WOW, great cookies! This recipe makes really big cookies too. I made a half recipe wanting a dozen cookie but got 14 big ones and could easily have gotten 18-20 of "average". They are simple delicious with lightly browned bottoms and the soft inside that we all love. I got perfect cookies at 14 mins baking time but judge your time by the size you make them. I used 1/2 cup of Splenda regular and 1/4 cup of Splenda Brown and 1/4 cup of egg white and cut the chocolate chunks to 2/3 cups. Made for ZWT7.
Didn't like this recipe at all.....
Fantastically delicious. I used tablespoon sized dough balls and cooked them for 11 minutes. The normal sized recipes made about 4 1/2 dozen cookies. It probably could have been 5 dozen if I wasn't eating the dough as I went. :)