Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My two favorites together...peanut butter and chocolate chips! =) From Nestle
Make and share this Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl Cream sugars, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl Beat in egg and vanilla Gradually beat in flour mixture Stir in chocolate bits and peanuts.
- Drop teaspoons of dough on a greased baking sheet Press down slightly Bake for 7-10 minutes Edges will be set but the middles will still be soft.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 3 min.
- Remove to wire racks until cooled completely.
Yum! I added an extra 1/2 c. of sugar (I'm at a high altitude) and omitted the peanuts. I'll throw them in next time. 8 minutes seems about perfect.
Great cookies! I found they needed a little more flour, so I added about 1/2 c. extra. This enabled me to roll the dough into balls, which made the process quick. They baked up melt-in-your-mouth tender. I wondered about the cinnamon in there, but it's really good! Not overpowering but adds a touch of interest. The chopped peanuts are a great addition. These aren't going to last long!