Recipe by TiaGem
Completely gooey decadence! You can substitute walnuts for the pecans if you prefer.
Top Review by Mary Austin
I made this using the original recipe from allrecipes.com and it is delicious. The ingredients are the same save for the semi-sweet chocolate chunks, but I don't think deleting them detracted from the taste and it saved a bit of money. Great recipe, thanks.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) packagesemi-sweet semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and line a 13x9 baking pan with foil, spray the foil with cooking spray.
- (Cut the foil long enough so that you can fold the ends over the edge of the pan on each end) In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate squares and butter on High until melted (2 minutes) Stir in sugar, blend well.
- Add the eggs, blend well.
- Stir in flour, blend well.
- Spread half of the mixture in the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the brownies are firm.
- Don't turn the oven off yet!
- While they are baking, get out another microwave-safe bowl; throw in the caramels and pour in the cream.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, the caramels should be partially melted.
- Stir to help them melt completely.
- Stir in 1 cup of the pecans and carefully spread the mixture over the baked brownies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chunks over the caramel and pour the remaining brownie batter on top, evening it out if needed.
- It's ok if some of the caramel is showing.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chunks on top and then the rest of the pecans.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until the brownies are firm.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan on a wire rack and then lift them out with the foil and set them on a cutting board to cut them up.
- These would make a decadent gift for someone who loves the flavor combination!
- You could wrap them up in colored plastic wrap and stick a bow on the top or place them in a holiday-decorated plastic container-- you could make someone's day!
- Or, depending on your mood, you could hide them and eat them all yourself!