Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so yummy you won't be able to stop eating them! Very easy to make and can be made with all different substitutions!
- 350 g chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 400 g condensed milk
- 225 g chocolate hazelnut chocolate chip biscuits or 225 g your favourite biscuits, broken
- 165 g mixed dried fruit, of your choice (eg raisins, dried peaches,dried apple, dried apricots)
- 50 g your favourite nuts, roughly chopped (eg hazelnuts, macadamias, cashews, slivered almonds, pecans etc)
- Line a 28X18cm cake tin with clear film (cling wrap).
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water or microwave.
- stir until mixed.
- pour the condensed milk into the chocolate and butter mixture.
- beat with spoon until creamy.
- add the broken biscuits, fruit, nuts.
- mix well until all combined.
- tip the mixture into prepared pan leaving top rough.
- cool then chill til set.
- lift out of tin using the clear film and then peel off.
- cut into bars and serve at once.
- leave refrigerated.
An oustanding success at the DS's music recreation group. For the dried fruit I used raisins (chopped), for the nuts madadamias (chopped) and the biscuits were a mix of chocolate ripples and chocolate teddy bears. Thank you oriana for a great easy recipe, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Tag game.
Rich and delicious. You are right about not being able to stop eating them! I used raisins, dried cherries, and figs. For the biscuits I used chocolate chip pecan cookies. Thanks so much for this easy to make and oh so good "candy bars"!