Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this recipe last week on a package of Nestle's Toll House Mini Morsels and realized this is the same recipe I made last year for our Family Reunion. I am making them this year for one of our Easter Dinner Desserts. I usually make pies, but this year I am making these Chocolate Almond Blondies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups nestle chocolatier cacao dark semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 cup whole almond, chopped, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup Chunks and 1/2 cup Almonds.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chunks and almonds.
- BAKE for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and edges start pulling away from sides of pan.
- COOL completely in pan or wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Serve and enjoy.