Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-fat satisfying recipe; all those favourite tastes - crispy potato, spice and cheese - perfect comfort food.
- 600 g baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g marture cheddar cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- cajun seasoning
- grilled tomatoes, painted with garlic and olive oil (optional)
- broccoli (optional) or cauliflower, steamed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6. Cut the baking potatoes into wedges. Pour oil and cajun seasoning into a sealable bag, drop in the wedges and shake to coat.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning the wedges halfway through.
- When the potatoes have been in the oven for 20 minutes, add halved tomatoes painted with olive oil and garlic.
- When the wedges are cooked, top with the grated cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- If serving a steamed vegetable, prepare and cook toward the end of cooking so that it is ready to serve with the chunky chips and baked tomatoes.