Recipe by Emmy's Mum
I love my Chimichurri chunky! I first discovered it at a Brazillian steak-house, and my hubby and I kept eating more beef with it even though we were beyond stuffed! It's THAT delicious! After a few attempts at getting it right, here it is! This is definitely chunky - like a salsa. If you want to marinate your meats in this before throwing them on the grill, make sure you remove all bits of veggies otherwise they'll just char on the grill. After you remove your steak from the heat, while it's "resting" throw a pile of this Chimichurri on top to let the flavours permeate. YUM!
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight -- the longer it sits, the better it tastes!
- You can add more or less garlic, salt and pepper as you like. If it's too tangy for you, you can add a couple tablespoons of water.