Recipe by WildLightning
This is a recipe I found in the Better Homes and Garen Cook Book, and then adapted to make it my own. I've doubled the recipe, so it makes plenty! The servings are generous servings, approx 2 cups.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain, fat.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, oregano, and black pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.