Mindi Bunch's Note:
This is another great recipe I found in the New Dieter's Cookbook from Better Homes & Gardens. We had this for supper last night and enjoyed it very much. I substituted lean ground beef for the steak and it tasted wonderful. We like to garnish this with a dallop of light sour cream and some pico de gallo. If you like a little kick, you might try some Tobasco sauce like I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces beef top round steak, trimmed
- baked corn chips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-sized strips.
- 2In large non-stick skillet, brown meat with onion and garlic.
- 3Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes, water, chilis, basil, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 4Serve garnished with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chili
Serving Size: 1 (1647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 755.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 27.2 g