I adapted this recipe from Rachael Ray's cookbook, "30 Minute Meals". Originally, it's not spicy enough for me and too runny to be chili, so I changed it a bit. Great for leftovers for lunch- the spicyness will mellow overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large yellow skinned Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, pepper(s) seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 5 dashes cayenne pepper sauce (i.e. Tabasco, Red Hot)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained
- coarse salt
- shredded cheddar cheese, and crushed tortilla chips for topping
- 1Heat oil in pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add chicken and cook for five minutes or until white; keep chicken moving.
- 3Add minced onion & hot pepper(s), garlic, seasonings, and cilantro.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and cook for five minutes to sweeten and soften onion.
- 5Add the broth and beans; salt to taste.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- 8Top bowls of chili with shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chicken White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 940.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 62.4 g