Recipe by Chris in Australia
A chicken & vegetable soup that is chunky. My kids love it because of the larger pieces.
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cooked and sliced finely (left over roast chicken is good for this)
- 1 packet chicken noodle soup mix (or 6 cups homemade chicken broth & Angel hair pasta)
- 1 (400 g) can creamed corn
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & sliced thickly
- 1 cup corn kernel
- mixed vegetables, chopped in largish pieces (I use cauliflower, broccoli, peas & capsicum fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup angel hair pasta (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make soup according to directions on pkt.
- Add creamed corn, stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken pieces& vegetables (if using fresh ones).
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta& vegies if using frozen ones.
- Simmer for approx 1 hour, or until vegies are very soft.
- You may like to leave soup overnight as creamed corn will cause it to thicken more.
- Serve with herb bread.