Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a package of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix. Sounds Yummy and easy. My newest kick is soup, so my poor family has to endure. This one seems like it would appeal to the kiddos. I'll probably use reduced sodium chicken broth and either orzo pasta or my left over white rice ... or maybe pre-cooked wild rice.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut up (sliced carrots, broccoli florets, and chopped red peppers)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook chicken in hot oil; in large saucepan on medium high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add broth, water, vegetables and salad dressing mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and parsley; cover. Remove from heat Let stand 5 minutes.
It was good. Tasted better the second day It had a good flavor . I made it as written except instead of rice I used potatoes as my starch.
Very good soup; I loved the unique idea of adding an envelope of Italian salad sressing mix as the seasoning. That worked out perfectly. I used small ring type pasta instead of rice. For the vegetables, I went with exactly what was listed: carrots, broccoli and red bell pepper.
This is FANTASTIC soup!!! I did add maybe 1/2 t. of chicken bouillon granules to the mix. I used some leftover cooked chicken I had, I sauteed it lightly with a little bit of garlic. I used three cups veggies and cut the starch down to 1/4c. (I used orzo) as I like my soupd heavier on the veggies. For the veggies I used carrots, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, broccoli and with the pasrley I added some roasted red pepper. I will make this over and over again....the veggie combinations are dancing in my head. Thanks so much for sharing this.