From 'Tapas". Simply add a crusty loaf of bread and dinner's on the table. Posted for ZWT3.
Make and share this Chunky Chicken Soup, Mediterranean Style recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, coarsely chopped
- 177.44 ml green pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g can low-sodium tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 118.29 ml long-grain white rice
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced or 4.92 ml dried basil, crumbled
- 1064.65 ml carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 in thick
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, s cut into 3/4 in cubes
- 283.49 g packed frozen green beans
- 118.29 ml black olives, chopped
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- In a stockpot or 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, chicken stock, water, rice, and basil. Bring to a boil. Simmer gently, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, green beans, and olives. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add black pepper.