1/5 Photos of Chunky Chicken Soup, Mediterranean Style
Julie B's Hive's Note:
From 'Tapas". Simply add a crusty loaf of bread and dinner's on the table. Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, coarsely chopped
- 177.44 ml green pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g can low-sodium tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 118.29 ml long-grain white rice
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced or 4.92 ml dried basil, crumbled
- 1064.65 ml carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 in thick
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, s cut into 3/4 in cubes
- 283.49 g packed frozen green beans
- 118.29 ml black olives, chopped
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1In a stockpot or 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and juice, chicken stock, water, rice, and basil. Bring to a boil. Simmer gently, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Add carrots and cook about 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken, green beans, and olives. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add black pepper.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chicken Soup, Mediterranean Style
Serving Size: 1 (602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 400.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 36.6 g