This soup is a family favorite. Even DS loves it and he is no soup fan. The chicken can be cooked ahead of time and frozen, but extra chicken stock with added water makes a more chicken taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts into a stock pot and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3Remove the chicken breasts and reserve liquid. Allow chicken to cool.
- 4Remove the bone and cut into large chunks and return to the reserved liquid.
- 5Add stock, bay leaves, and salt to the chicken and liquid. Bring to a boil.
- 6Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
- 7Note: It may be necessary to add additional stock when reheating leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chicken Soup Ala Rick
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 843.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g