1/1 Photo of Chunky Chicken Sauce for Pasta for 2
This is a quick easy recipe start to finish 20 minutes using left over cooked chicken. I searched 15 pages of Zaar recipes but could not find what I wanted so I made this one up. If you like a thinner sauce add 1/2 cup water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 3/4-inch chunks (use white dark chicken meat)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chunky italian tomatoes with herbs
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onions, chopped or 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (use more or less depending how hot you like it) or 3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce (the amount is up to your taste buds)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups cooked pasta, your choice, cooked according to the instructions on the package
- 1Put all the ingredients in a pot , except the cheese & pasta, bring to a simmer.
- 2Pour over hot cooked pasta.
- 3Top with Parmesan and serve (I like to place the ready plate under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the parmesan but this is optional).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chicken Sauce for Pasta for 2
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 54.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with herbs