Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious by it's self or inside a freshly baked croissant. The grapes and cashews give it an interesting crunch.
- 4 cups chicken breast halves, diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup red grapes or 3⁄4 cup green grape, halved
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- salt and pepper
- romaine lettuce
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 tomatoes
- Add mayonnaise to salad consistency.
- Serve on bed of Romaine Lettuce, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, sliced red onions.
- Add cashews to salad right before serving.
I'm always looking for ways to use up left over cooked chicken and this certainly was a hit. We loved the combination of flavors and textures in this salad! This is a meal in itself. Next time (and there will be a next time), I plan to fill croissants with this wonderful salad. A great find! Thank you, Virginia Geek.