Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's a miserable day and decided to chuck a few things together and see houw it turns out, felt like chicken pie, all the recipes I found here had wine & cream in, which after drinking a fair quantitiy of wine last weekend am really not up to consuming again, not yet anyway. and without the cream and wine it means my wee princess can have some she's 9 months:)
- 600 g chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 236.59 ml mushroom, chopped roughly
- 500 ml stock (i used vegetable but chicken would do fine)
- 2 bay leaves
- 0.25 ml oil
- 14.79 ml natural yoghurt
- 4.92 ml coarse grain mustard
- 14.79 ml honey
- plain flour or cornflour
- 2 piece frozen puff pastry
- add a dash of oil to a large cooking pot. and warm up.
- add the roughly chunky chopped chicken and brown off, about 5 - 10 mins, over a medium heat.
- add the leaks, stir and cook off for another 5 minutes.
- add mushrooms, stock, bay leaves, yoghurt, honey,mustard. Let simmer and stir occasionally for an hour add the flour if the sauce needs thickening.
- Heat up the oven about 160c for puff pastry.
- Put ingredients in cooking pan add the top, spear with a fork, make a little heart to pop on top to mak your hubby smile, and bake for about 20/25 mins as directed by your pastry. And voila Yumm, serve with broccoli, and wedges. :).
The filling is delicious and appears to be very low in fat. I will be eating this filling with a toasted lavash bread instead of the pastry. Yum.