Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a recipe card collection called Healthy Meals in Minutes. I got a huge box of these cards at a garage sale dirt cheap, so I'm sorting through the good looking ones to post on here for safe keeping!
- 12 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray large baking dish or casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook noodes according to package directions, but do not add salt.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan, bring a small amount of water to a boil. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over saucepan. Cover and steam just until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, gradually whisk together soup and milk. Stir in broccoli, chicken, mushrooms, and paprika. Mix well.
- Drain noodles. Place half of noodles in prepared dish. Spoon half of chicken mixture over noodles. Repeat layering. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.
This is a perfect casserole for using leftover chicken! Nice and creamy, and loved the broccoli/mushroom combination. I used a dish that was 11x7 but deep, so I only needed 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. This is an easy dish that I know I will make again - thanks for sharing!
Started with the base recipe. Used 1 can chicken and 1 can mushroom soup. Also used lasagne sheets. Reckon crispy bacon and maybe some cheese on top would add extra flavour.