Recipe by Shelby Jo
This is from a recipe card collection called Healthy Meals in Minutes. I got a huge box of these cards at a garage sale dirt cheap, so I'm sorting through the good looking ones to post on here for safe keeping!
Top Review by loof
This is a perfect casserole for using leftover chicken! Nice and creamy, and loved the broccoli/mushroom combination. I used a dish that was 11x7 but deep, so I only needed 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. This is an easy dish that I know I will make again - thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray large baking dish or casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook noodes according to package directions, but do not add salt.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan, bring a small amount of water to a boil. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over saucepan. Cover and steam just until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, gradually whisk together soup and milk. Stir in broccoli, chicken, mushrooms, and paprika. Mix well.
- Drain noodles. Place half of noodles in prepared dish. Spoon half of chicken mixture over noodles. Repeat layering. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.