1/1 Photo of Chunky Chicken and Chorizo Chili
Chili is my favorite comfort food and, in my family, we always serve it with "Aunt Bev's Hominy". I saw this recipe on 30 Minute Meals this morning and although it is a basic chili recipe, it includes an interesting addition...serving the chili with herbed polenta. I haven't made this yet so I welcome your reviews and comments. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, chopped
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (fire roasted)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quick-cooking polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 1Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat with 1 T olive oil.
- 2Add chorizo and render its fat, 2 minutes.
- 3Push the chorizo off to the sides of the skillet and add ground chicken. Brown and crumble the chicken, cooking 5-6 minutes. Season the chicken with chili powder and cumin while it cooks.
- 4Combine the onion, garlic, peppers and beans to meats and cook another 5-6 minutes.
- 5Stir the beer into the chili and reduce the liquid a minute then add the tomatoes and heat though. Season the chili with salt, to taste, and reduce heat to low.
- 6Bring 6 cups stock to a boil in a medium pot, stir in polenta and keep stirring until the polenta masses and thickens to a porridge, 2-3 minutes.
- 7Stir in butter, scallions and thyme and season with salt, to taste.
- 8Fill bowls halfway with polenta and make a well in the center. Fill up bowls with chili and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Chicken and Chorizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.3
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.2 mg
- Sodium 1728.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: