Hey Jude's Note:
This is the first recipe I made for my new fondue pot (my old one was sold in a garage sale in the 80's!). This is easy enough for a beginner fonduer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
assorted raw vegetables
- 1Prepare vegetables and bread; set aside.
- 2In a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- 3Stir in tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, chiles, and oregano; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered,for 5 minutes.
- 4Add cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- 5Transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish and keep warm over the heat source.
- 6Use vegetables and bread cubes or sticks as dippers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Cheddar Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (1267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.9
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 188.7 mg
- Sodium 1201.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 39.4 g