Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is a fun dish for all you grandmas out there! Mine love it until they got too big. It's a great way to introduce them to this vegetable....
Top Review by Diane S.
I've made this recipe for years as a quick cheat to lasagna - I've also used spaghetti noodles, and ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese. This makes a quick and easy to assemble dinner that you can whip up in a jiffy. Also nice, sliced tomatoes on top of the covering cheese, and perhaps some black olives. Husband hates the name, but he loves the dish, and eats all that he can.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (I like large curd)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce (with green peppers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash. Fork out insides into a large casserole dish (remove & discard seeds).
- Add cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and all the sauce.
- Mix until it looks like its name (barf).
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.