Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a fun dish for all you grandmas out there! Mine love it until they got too big. It's a great way to introduce them to this vegetable....
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (I like large curd)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce (with green peppers)
- Cook squash. Fork out insides into a large casserole dish (remove & discard seeds).
- Add cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and all the sauce.
- Mix until it looks like its name (barf).
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
I've made this recipe for years as a quick cheat to lasagna - I've also used spaghetti noodles, and ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese. This makes a quick and easy to assemble dinner that you can whip up in a jiffy. Also nice, sliced tomatoes on top of the covering cheese, and perhaps some black olives. Husband hates the name, but he loves the dish, and eats all that he can.
My kids will eat anything with the grossest name eg. ham-boogers and snot-dogs! This is perfect for them (pssst please don't tell them it's good for them)!
LOL! I got a giggle out of the title of this recipe. To my delight, I am blissfully unaware of what real cat barf looks like, so I cannot compare the two. All I can say is that this is a pretty cool and yummy way to prepare spaghetti squash.....and to get kids to eat it! It's nice and cheesey like a baked pasta dish. Mine was a tad bit "runny", but otherwise wonderful. Next time I make this, I will squeeze out the excess moisture of the cooked, forked squash. Thanx for posting this awesome "gross-out" recipe!