Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick main dish with several textures. My kids and hubby love it!
- 30 Ritz crackers, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups chunked cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix chicken, soup, tomato paste, celery, onion and cashews together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, layer alternate layers of chicken mixture and cracker crumbs, ending with cracker crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- I have been known to sprinkle the top with parmesan or cheddar cheese, depending on my mood.