Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids really love this. Easy and tastes great.
Top Review by ciao
Di! One word for you--heavenly! These were so easy to make, yet so buttery and delicious. The kids keep bugging me for some more, and I'm trying to keep myself away from them. Again, very easy to prepare, and fast, too. They took 30 minutes and are still very moist. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla chocolate chips (I use Nestle) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (I use Nestle)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Mix together flour and next 2 ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan; spread evenly to cover bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars and serve.