Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids really love this. Easy and tastes great.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla chocolate chips (I use Nestle) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (I use Nestle)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped and divided
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Mix together flour and next 2 ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan; spread evenly to cover bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Di! One word for you--heavenly! These were so easy to make, yet so buttery and delicious. The kids keep bugging me for some more, and I'm trying to keep myself away from them. Again, very easy to prepare, and fast, too. They took 30 minutes and are still very moist. Thanks for a great recipe!
They were not as good as I had anticipated. The recipe looked yummy. The batter was really thick and the edges came out very hard (no I did not overcook them). Sorry, must be me as everyone else seemed to love them.
These were yummy! The only thing is that my oven doesnt bake certain things well. These were one of the things my oven chose not to bake well. I was dissapointed that they didnt come out like I wanted them to (purely my oven's fault) for I had been looking to make blonde brownies for years. Thanks for the recipe:)