Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious black bean soup that is not overly spiced.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 (1318.25 g) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 709.77 ml water
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in onion and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and water; cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups beans and liquid to a food processor and process to a coarse puree.
- Return puree to pot, stir in vinegar, heat thoroughly and serve.
Mmmmmm! Easy and yummy soup! I loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar at the end; that added a special flavor. I garnished with chopped cilantro and crimbled queso fresco. Fabulous! Thanx for posting.