1/1 Photo of Chunky Black Bean Soup
A delicious black bean soup that is not overly spiced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 (1318.25 g) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 709.77 ml water
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in onion and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is softened.
- 2Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and water; cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer 3 cups beans and liquid to a food processor and process to a coarse puree.
- 4Return puree to pot, stir in vinegar, heat thoroughly and serve.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1013.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic