Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious black bean soup that is not overly spiced.
Make and share this Chunky Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in onion and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and water; cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups beans and liquid to a food processor and process to a coarse puree.
- Return puree to pot, stir in vinegar, heat thoroughly and serve.
Mmmmmm! Easy and yummy soup! I loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar at the end; that added a special flavor. I garnished with chopped cilantro and crimbled queso fresco. Fabulous! Thanx for posting.