- 1 lb boneless round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook round steak, onion and garlic in oil until the meat is browned and the onion is tender; about 5 minutes. Stir in water, tomatoes, consomme and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Stir in paste and green pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until noodles are tender, about 8 minutes. Add parsley.