Cook1 hr 45 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Chunky Beef Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1814.36 g boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 29.58-59.16 ml chili powder
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 907.18 g container beef broth
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 9.85 ml garlic granules
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- chopped onion
- Brown meat in batches in a Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Remove meat, reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
- Add chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook 5 minutes.
- Add cooked beef to Dutch oven; stir in beef broth and the next 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve with cornbread and desired toppings.
This was my first attempt to make a chili completely from scratch using all these seasonings. I had always used chili beans in sauce before and jazzed it up. I have to say, we loved the seasonings in this chili recipe and felt they were spot on (even with my additions to the recipe). I halved the recipe and modified it a bit based on what I had on hand. I used ground beef, fresh garlic, onions, tomato sauce only, a 15 oz. can each: of diced tomatoes & kidney beans > cuz I like 'em! Let it simmer away until thick. Another winner RBS, thanks!
This recipe is a staple in our house during football season. In fact, we love it so much, that I was going to post this exact Southern Living recipe! YUM!