Cook1 hr 45 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Chunky Beef Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) container beef broth
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- chopped onion
- Brown meat in batches in a Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Remove meat, reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
- Add chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook 5 minutes.
- Add cooked beef to Dutch oven; stir in beef broth and the next 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve with cornbread and desired toppings.