Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Credit for this recipe goes to Stephany Brown at allrecipes.com. When I made this I used ubber-ripe bananas (totally black skin) and pureed them so that there were no chunks in my ice cream. To toast walnuts, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place walnuts on a cookie sheet and toast in oven for about 6 minutes. Watch carefully so that they do not burn..
- 4 bananas, broken into chunks
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 314.66 ml heavy cream, chilled
- 158.51 ml cold milk
- 118.29 ml chopped toasted walnuts
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor, combine bananas, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar, cream and mile. Puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to the freezer canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. When ice cream begins to stiffen, add walnuts and chocolate chips.