Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A versatile guacamole can play several roles: as a dip with fresh veggies and tortilla chips or as a front-and-center sauce to complement grilled meats.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Peel and seed avocados and cut into large chunks. Place in a glass bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the limes over the avocado.
- Dice the tomatoes into large pieces, add to bowl.
- Chop the red onion into small pieces and add to bowl.
- Wearing plastic gloves, stem, seed, and de-vein the jalapeno pepper and chop fine and add to bowl.
- Chop the cilantro fine and add to bowl. Stir in all ingredients together and combine, including the olive oil.
- Cover the top of the bowl with a piece of plastic Wrap to keep the air out so the avocados do not change color.
- Refrigerate until served.