Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Apples, pork, squash, and cinnamon give this classic dish a delectable fall flavour infusion.
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 apple, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pork chop, cubed
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butternut squash, cubed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook tomato, apple, garlic, and onion in a large saucepan until softened.
- Add pork and seasonings; cover and simmer, stirring occasionaly, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in squash and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionaly, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve.