1/3 Photos of Chunky Apple Spice Cake With Vanilla Butter Sauce
This cake is good, I mean REALLY GOOD. If you use real vanilla extract the flavor is amazing. I have had a friend just pick at an entire meal because she knew I was serving this for dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (Granny Smith or Gala)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Vanilla Butter Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- 2Beat butter and brown sugar for 5 minutes in a mixer bowl.
- 3Beat in eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, allspice and salt.
- 6Gradually add to sugar mixture; beating until well blended.
- 7Stir in apples, nuts, and raisins, if desired.
- 8Pour into one greased 9-inch baking pan; bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 10Serve warm with Vanilla Butter Sauce.
- 11Vanilla Butter Sauce:.
- 12Combine butter and whipping cream with brown sugar.
- 13Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 14Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 15Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 16Serve warm.
- 17Do-ahead Suggestion: The cake and sauce can be prepared and refrigerated separately the day before.
- 18Warm the cake, in the oven, and the sauce, on top of the stove, before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Apple Spice Cake With Vanilla Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 304.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g