Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the WW Annual Recipes for Success 2003. They are wonderful. I top mine with a dollop of light cool whip and they are tasty. 4 points for 2 hotcakes. Great change for the morning meals.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine egg, oil, milk, and applesauce; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Add to flour mixture, and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
This is a must try recipe. The addition of applesauce and cinnamon make these a real treat. Thanks for a great recipe.
These were the perfect pancakes. They almost tasted like wheat or buckwheat pancakes. YUMMY! I think that was b/c of the cinnamon and applesauce combination. They aren't as sweet as already made pancake mix from a box. I'd almost have to say they were better! A different twist to the usual pancake. Very easy to make and in no time at all. 1/4 cup batter per pancake makes exatly 8 pancakes. DH even liked them - he ate 3 - and he's not a big fan of flap jacks. I individually wrapped the left overs and froze them. I'll have a nice "all-ready made" breakfast during the week. Thanks Dayla. P.S. I poured 1 tbs of pure 100% maple syrup on top for a total of 5 points.
I must say that these pancakes have to be the best I have tasted. And, the fact that they are only 2 points each - wow! Great find - thanks.