Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a great waffle or pancake topping and is especially great on French toast and even ice cream, use it with whatever you want!
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, butter, cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil until thick (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in apples; cook until tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Serve wherever syrup, or a sweet topping is wanted.
As with all of your recipes Kitten, this one is a winner. We have so many apples on our trees, I've been searching out recipes to make. Made an Apple n Walnut Bundt Cake that turned out a little dry (I baked) and needed something to dress it up for company. So topped with ice cream and this syrup and whipped cream, went together perfect. The spices in this syrup complimented the cake great and as an added bonus my kitchen smelled soooo good while it was cooking.
This syrup is tops with me! I had some on my pancakes and look forward to having it on top of some ice cream soon!