Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Yummy and filling breakfast (or snack!).
Make and share this Chunky Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, chopped with peel
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (optional)
- Place oatmeal, water, cinnamon, and apple in a large microwave container and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir and let stand for another 2 minutes or until it is of the desired consistency.
- Serve with skim milk if needed or desired.
I'm trying to make friends with oatmeal, as it makes a healthy and filling breakfast, but I still have a lot of bad memories of the flavourless porridge I ate at Guide camp. I enjoyed this because there's almost more apple than oatmeal. :) This and a cup of coffee should help me get the day started!