1/1 Photo of Chunky Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 10 mins
Another Southern Living favorite! Our 15 year old son won a Blue Ribbon and "Best in Show" at our county fair last year with this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans, toasted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Cake: Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- 2Combine flour and next 3 ingredients.
- 3Add to butter mixture, stirring until blended.
- 4Stir in apple slices and 1 cup pecans.
- 5Spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 6Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 8Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
- 9Cream Cheese Frosting; Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 10Gradually add confectioner's sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy.
- 11Stir in vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.1
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 508.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g