Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is all I like best in every Apple Cake I have ever tried. Give it a shot!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled coared and coarsely chopped
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until well combiined (about 2 minutes).
- In seperate bowl wisk together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid mixing with an electric mixer--batter will be thick.
- Fold in walnuts, raisins and apples until all is incorporated.
- Pile batter into a well greased and floured 12 cup Bundt pan or well greased and floured 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Bake for one hour at 350 or until cake tester comes almost clean.
- If using Bundt pan let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes and turn onto to rack to continue cooling.
- If using 9 x 13 x 2 pan cool in pan and cut cooled cake into squares and serve directly from pan.
Richard, I didn't change a single ingredient in your recipe (down to the canola oil), but I took your advice in the description and gave it a shot, shot of Amaretto, that is. Wowza, yowza, and all the other exclamations ending in za! I served for our Sabbath lunch, slightly warm with some homemade vanilla ice cream on the side. At the risk of repeating myself, yowza! Good, good stuff! You've never disappointed, thanks!