1 hr 20 mins
From Chef Alex Porter of Norma’s at New York’s Le Parker Meridien Hotel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated blue cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Tabasco sauce (optional, a dash or two)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 lobster tails, shelled and cut into bite-size pieces (about 1/4 lb each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated gruyere cheese
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; cook the pasta to al dente, 8-10 minutes; drain and reserve.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil and reduce it by half, watching closely so it doesn’t boil over.
- 4Decrease heat to low and stir in Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and blue cheese; simmer, stirring constantly, until melted.
- 5Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and Tabasco; turn off the heat and let sit, stirring occasionally.
- 6In a big skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- 7Add in the lobster pieces and stir to combine.
- 8Add in the wine; increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- 9Decrease heat to medium or med-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the wine has evaporated (about 30 minutes); remove from the heat.
- 10Add the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture to the lobster mixture; stir to combine.
- 11Divide mixture among 4-6 shallow, ovenproof bowls (or pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish).
- 12Top with Gruyere and bake until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden and crusty, 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunks of Lobster Swimming in Cheesy Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1418.0
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 55.3 g
- Cholesterol 296.6 mg
- Sodium 932.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: