Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The deer hunters in my family think this is the greatest venison recipe. This recipe was adapted from a recipe for beef birds, and the seasonings have been adjusted.
- Cut pieces of venison into 1 - inch squares.
- Take a thin slice of bacon and cut it just long enough to wrap around the meat.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Make about 2 dozen pieces.
- Put in a heavy skillet.
- Add water, salt, lots of black pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Boil rapidly until liquid is nearly gone.
- Reduce heat and cover skillet; continue cooking at low heat until meat is brown.
- The meat will be very rich.