Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The deer hunters in my family think this is the greatest venison recipe. This recipe was adapted from a recipe for beef birds, and the seasonings have been adjusted.
- Cut pieces of venison into 1 - inch squares.
- Take a thin slice of bacon and cut it just long enough to wrap around the meat.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Make about 2 dozen pieces.
- Put in a heavy skillet.
- Add water, salt, lots of black pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Boil rapidly until liquid is nearly gone.
- Reduce heat and cover skillet; continue cooking at low heat until meat is brown.
- The meat will be very rich.
Fantastic! Enjoyed every bite! I substituted the Worcestershire for Cabernet blended with brown sugar, finely sliced garlic, cajun seasoning, and a dash balsamic vinegar. Started working on the meat and realized I was out of sauce...lol. I also added raisins 2/3rds through the boil time. I found the red wine mix really brought out the game flavor in this dish. That's exactly how I like it! Yum!
Scrumptious! I used HQ meat, cut in strips and chunked. Surprisingly tender! Looking forward to trying it with some loin. Hubby was very happy.
Was disappointed given the other good reviews. Will stick with the Sweet Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin recipe instead.