Recipe by currybunny
Easy, tasty and very economical! One of my Mum's first attempts at cooking Asian and I still love it. She got the recipe from a friend of hers who also happens to be a Chinese chef! Makes a great quick weeknight dinner.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is a very good recipe. I added diced green pepper, diced roma tomatoes with skins removed, one grated carrot.I followed the recipe except for the additions and used leftover pork roast and cut it in small cubes. I followed instruction No. 1 for the meat, I ignored the fact that the meat was cooked. I also used a little leftover pork gravy along with the chicken stock, brought out more of the pork flavor to the noodles. Next time I will use ground pork. I will definitely make this again. This is an easy recipe to prepare. I think you can use any noodles with it also. Thanks for posting.
- 200 g ground pork
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles (dried)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large spring onions, sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pork with light soy, sugar, cornflour and chilli sauce and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes until soft, drain.
- Heat oil in wok, add fresh chilli and spring onions, then pork and its marinade, stirring well. When meat starts to brown add the drained noodles and stir well.
- Add dark soy sauce and chicken stock/water and continue to cook for around 10 minutes until the noodles absorb all the liquid.
- This looks lovely served in a lettuce leaf cup!