Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I saw a gal make these on YouTube. She had spent some time in Korea. These are apparently spicy like Buffalo wings, but with an Asian flare. I haven't tried these yet, but they look good. I'll have to visit my local Asian market to find Gochujan - A Korean red pepper paste to make the Dakkalbi sauce.
- 24 chicken wings
- 6 celery, stalks
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup ranch dressing
- 4 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (Gochujan)
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder or 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix well all ingredients except chicken, celery and salad dressing in a gallon zip bag. Add chicken wings and mix well with sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
- Place wings on greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn wings and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with celery sticks and salad dressing. Sprinkle wings with toasted sesame seeds just before serving.