I found this on line because OzCoMartha requested a Aussie pumpkin soup. "Chumpkin SoupChef: Steve from the Lake No, it's not a typo...It's Chicken and Pumpkin soup!" I'm posting my directions as well his! Ingredients are exact except I put 1-2 tablespoons butter next to a Knob of butter!Haven't tried it yet!I do have a garden of squash and soon as it's ready I will be making it! I myself prefer my Butternut Shrimp Soup Topped With Sherry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1My directions---Melt butter and sauté onions and celery till translucent.
- 2Add flour to make a roux slowly adding flour.
- 3Add chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, curry, parsley, pumpkin, and milk.
- 4Give a blend with the hand blender.
- 5Garnish with parsley.
- 6His directions---Flavour the chicken stock with onion and celery, then strain it.
- 7Chop the onion finely, and simmer until soft.
- 8Beat the milk, pumpkin, flour, curry powder, salt and pepper, add the butter and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, add the stock, then stir until thick and boiled.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g