Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A Mediterranean treat to eat with bread or raw veggies
- 1 1⁄2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini (large)
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil (large)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or 1/4 cup juice from one large lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup water, add as needed and use for consistency ONLY
- Soak Chickpeas overnight.
- Cook soaked chickpeas at low boil for 1 1/2 hours or until desired softness is reached. Drain.
- In blender thoroughly blend the Garlic with Parsley, Olive Oil and Lemon juice.
- Add in the Chickpeas, Tehina, and Seasonings.
- Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Remember that the oil, salt, pepper, lemon and garlic can be adjusted for personal preference.