Recipe by Pinay0618
Easy stove-top recipe with good flavor. I got this out of one of those little cookbooks at the check-out line ... a major addiction for me. :) We always serve this with Fideos a la Mexicana.(#256104)
Top Review by PSU Lioness
I made this for dinner tonight to mixed reviews. The kids and I loved it but my husband said the sauce tasted like a Mexican tomato soup. I even rolled my 18 month old son's chicken nuggets in it and he INHALED them and he'll usually eat them last, if even at all. I used Chablis wine (a white) and I completely forgot to add the lime juice at the end, which I'm sure would have changed the flavor quite a bit. Either way, the pork stayed really, really moist when it cooked and it absorbed the flavors well. I didn't want to give such a great recipe less than 5 stars because of my screw up and I will make it again. I think I will try it with red wine next time and I will absolutely remember the lime juice.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chops with flour.
- Cook in hot oil over medium-high heat til browned.
- Remove chops and add broth, onion and garlic to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add wine to skillet with tomato paste.
- Return chops to skillet.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Drizzle with lime juice and serve.